1. Apply a light holding styling mousse all over from roots to ends for texture and separation. Hair can be damp or dry. (If it’s dry, be sure it’s a light holding mousse or you could end up with a strong holding mess.)
2. Separate the hair over your shoulder into two pieces. The piece from the back should come forward and down (see photo).
3,4. Using your girl scout skills, tie hair into a simple knot.
5. Secure the two ends together using a clear elastic. Once it’s in there, slide it up underneath the knot to conceal it.
6. I like to throw a bobby pin in there for extra security.
7. Back comb the ponytail a little for texture and then comb through it with your fingers to settle it.