"thoughts: thoughts, especially when aimless and unsystematic" ...my musings, your inspiration
rivernorthLove...our sister blog
our Etsy Store
Loving this easy and fun summer updo. Perfect for an outdoor movie or a causal party.
1. Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic. You want the band to be pretty tight (otherwise the sides of the ponytail will droop after you do step three).
2. Next, slide your rubber band down a little so it's no longer tight against your scalp.
3. Create a little "hole" in the loosened part of your hair (between your scalp and the rubber band).
4. Pull your ponytail through the hole you just created.
Note: Be sure to pull the ponytail UP through the hole (instead of DOWN through the hole, like the
we used to do in the 90s.
5. Pull the ponytail all the way through so it hangs over the top of the rubber band. You may have to fan out the ponytail a little to create an even shape.
6. Next, loop the end of the ponytail under, towards the rubber band. If your hair is super long, you may have to wrap the ends of the ponytail around your hand a few times before you tuck it under.
7. Pin the ends that you just tucked using a few bobby pins. Make sure it's pinned very securely. Then keep pinning the sides and bottom of the bun until it feels secure. Finish with hairspray.
Cup of Jo
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)