7/06/2011

Detoxing...

{via}

 I am attempting to detox.  Not the liquid diet kind that makes you go to the bathroom a lot and is full of veggies you skip at the salad bar.  No, I'm giving up alcohol for awhile.  I should preface this with the fact that I'm not an alcoholic nor a heavy drinker.  There is the causal glass of wine at dinner, beer at a BBQ, and mixed drinks/shots at the bar.  Why am I doing this?  Mainly because after a night out I find myself in bed till 3 the next afternoon, and drinking always makes me feel sluggish and gross the next day.  No this isn't a permanent lifestyle switch, but more like an alternate reality I'd like to try on.  Benefits of cutting out alcohol include: No more empty calories and carbs (booze is processed differently in your body- your liver works to remove the toxin while the remaining calories get stored as fat); protecting my liver, kidneys, and brain cells; reduces my risk for chronic conditions; the list goes on and on.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment