Hi Loves! Welcome to Friday Feature, where you guessed it, we're featuring bloggers that I heart. We'll get a peek into their lives, loves, and must-haves. Starting off with my uber talented friend Payal of Playing in My [Closet].
1)Who's closet would you raid for a day?OK so this isn’t a real person, but from what I’ve seen on the show, I would love to raid Serena van der Woodsen’s closet (from Gossip Girl). Actually I need to clarify this a little further – I would raid Serena’s closet from the earlier seasons (1 & 2), and then I would go for Blair’s closet from the most recent season. Sorry for cheating on this question, but I couldn’t just pick one!
2) 2 random facts about you: 1. I was a pretty major tomboy growing up. I used to “manage” my little brother’s basketball card collection. The best was that the way I would determine whether or not to trade a card with someone else. I would look to see which player had a better field goal percentage. In retrospect, it probably wasn’t the best strategy, but I learned along the way!
2. In India, the letter a baby’s name starts with depends on the day they were born. According to my day, my name was supposed to start with a D. If my parents had followed that, they told me that my name would’ve been Dimple. Funny thing is that I actually have a dimple (only one)!
3) Favorite thing to cook or eat? Love, love, love making homemade Oreos! One day when I was perusing Cupcakes and Cashmere, I saw that Emily had made homemade Oreos (and they looked deelish). I absolutely LOVE Oreos! They were my favorite cookie growing up, and they’re still my favorite to this day! The second I saw it, I knew I had to make them! This tastes just like an Oreo, but BETTER! And, on top of that, they’re a ton of fun to make Here’s the link to the recipe Emily used.
4) Dream vacation? Taking it this summer! Greece & Italy with my husbee! We’re starting off in Italy (Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice), and then going over to Greece (Athens, Mykonos, & Santorini). I’ve wanted to go to these countries ever since I was in high school, and I can’t believe it’s finally happening!
5) Favorite thing in your closet: This is another toughie. It’s really hard to answer this one because it depends on what the occasion is, but if I had to choose, I’d go with my black racerback jersey dress from H&M that I got for ~$10. I can wear this in so many different ways (and I’m a sucker for multi-wear pieces). I love this dress so much I bought a backup!
6) What you're thankful for today? It may sound like a generic answer, but incredibly thankful for my amazing family, friends, and health. I notice this more so as I get older, but it’s incredibly important to surround yourself with positive people.
7)Any other career path you'd consider? Hands down, no question about it, I would LOVE to be a fashion designer! I wish I would’ve known this going into college! Accounting doesn’t look half as glamorous when it’s being compared to the fabulous world of fashion!!!
8) Currently coveting: I swear this changes by the second, but the most recent item on my covet list is a new winter coat. And not just any old coat. It would be my absolute dream to get my hands on this Wool Cashmere Funnel Neck Coat by Burberry. What can I say, living in Chicago (where winter lasts for almost half the year), I can’t help but think of practicality when coming up with my covet-worthy item.
9) In her bag: Before I delve into the contents of my purse, I need to give some background. For the longest time I would carry around my lovely Marc by Marc Classic Q Hatty, and I always felt like I never had what I needed! It’s so easy to lose things in slouchy purses! Ever since I switched to my bag du jour (my Hayden Harnett Burke Satchel), I’ve never been so proud of how organized my purse is! The way this bag is designed, with its plentiful compartments and structured shape, there’s no way you’d ever feel unorganized.
Here’s what I’ve got: -Matt & Natt Tosca Wallet in Blue -Lulu Lemon Shopping Bag – I use this to take my lunch to work. It’s my way of being green -Gucci Audrey sunnies
-Free People Black Lurex Snap Convertible Wrap – I get cold pretty easily so I love knowing that I always have my scarf/wrap with me -Digi-cam – Canon Powershot SD750 Elph -Memo Pad & a pen – you never know when you need to write something down! -Red iPod Nano – NEED my tunes when I’m walking to work -Purse Valet – when you just can’t bear to put your precious handbag on the ground, use this to hang it on the table! -Gum, Chapstick, & Gloss = all necessities -H2O Plus Hydrating Body Butter – my skin, especially my hands, gets so dry in the winter! -My little purple bag of useful things. I couldn’t think of a better way to describe this, but it’s got everything I could possibly need – band aids, Motrin, anti-bac, a mini thing of my Bare Escentuals foundation along with a mini-Kabuki brush, deod, hair clip, hair tie, etc…