- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 18 mint leaves, torn
- 2 cups frozen/fresh blackberries
- 3 mint sprigs
- 4 cups natural store-bought lemonade
- mint sprigs
- Bring the water and sugar to boil in a small pot. Stir the water/sugar mixture until the sugar is dissolved then turn off the heat. Add the torn mint leave and give the pot a stir. Allow the simple syrup to cool.
- Add the blackberries to a blender. Place a strainer over the mouth of the blender and pour the mint simple syrup into the container. Discard the mint leaves. Blend the simple syrup and the blackberries on low speed for just a few seconds at a time, just enough to break the berries apart but not enough to puree them.
- Fill a juice pitcher halfway with ice and add the mint sprigs. Pour the lemonade and the blackberry mixture over the ice. Stir the blackberry mint lemonade and add more ice if necessary before serving.
- 1 cup watermelon juice (crush watermelon in a tall cup and strain through a metal strainer or cheesecloth)
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 torn mint leaves
- lime wedge and mint leaves for garnishing
- Place the watermelon juice, vodka, simple syrup, lime juice, and mint leaves into a cocktail shaker halfway filled with ice. Muddle the watermelon cocktail until the mint leaves are torn in smaller pieces. Shake well and strain the drink into two martini glasses. Garnish with a wedge of watermelon if desired
Blackberry Thyme Margaritas
18 blackberries, divided
3 small sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup crushed ice
1/3 cup tequila
¼ cup simple syrup
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. orange liqueur such as triple sec or Cointreau
¼ cup sparkling water
Place 16 of the blackberries in a food processor or blender with the thyme leaves. Pulse to puree until smooth. Strain the blackberry puree through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
Combine the blackberry puree, ice, tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, orange liqueur and sparkling water in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined. Pour into two glasses and garnish with reserved blackberries and additional thyme, if desired.