11/23/2011

Tasty Thursday (Thanksgiving Edition): Potato Roast

No, it's not Thursday, but since tomorrow I will be spending time with loved ones, and filling my belly, I thought I'd share Tasty Thursday a day early.  Let's face it Thanksgiving is firstly about giving thanks, but secondly about food!  This Thanksgiving I'm responsible for the potatoes, here's what I'll be making, Potato Roast.
Ingredients:3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
4 shallots, thickly sliced lengthwise
Coarse salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
8 sprigs thyme


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Brush bottom of a round 9-inch baking dish with some butter mixture. With a sharp knife or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly crosswise.
2. Arrange potato slices vertically in dish. Wedge shallots throughout. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes (if using); brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake 1 1/4 hours. Add thyme and bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 35 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment