9/10/2012

Monday, Monday: Chicago Brunch Hot Spots


{via}

This weekend we went to two new brunch places that I loved. The Mister and I went to Kanela Breakfast Club on Saturday.  Loved the monkey bread, it was perfection!  We also had the chirizo skillet and the two eggs.  Wished we had tried some of the sweet stuff they had on their menu including their red velvet french toast or their bottomless mimosas.

On Sunday the girls and I hit up Meli's Cafe at their new location on Well St.  I had the crepes, while the girls had a veggie panani, their fruit platter, and their breakfast burrito.  Everything was delicious, and I loved my crepes.  I just had their fresh squeezed orange juice, but next time I think I'll have to try something off their extensive juice bar menu.

And last week a bunch of us ate at Twisted Spoke.  I loved, loved, loved their chilaquiles.  We also had their fish tacos and shrimp  po boy.  And their Bloody Mary's are to die for (even the virgin option that I had).  They also have a huge bar/beer menu to choose from.  With their rooftop patio and amazing food, I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment