8/16/2011

Good Eats: Chicago Edition

The mister and I went out to dinner last night, at a new restaurant in the Ukrainian Village.  Prasino, an eco-friendly eatery that promotes organic agriculture, local growers and artisanal food producers.  Their meats are antibiotic and hormone free and raised on environmentally sustainable farms or ranches.  And now officially one of my new favorite places to eat.  Not to mention, the interior is beautifully designed from recycled and reclaimed materials.  If you are waiting for a table on their patio, you can grab a drink at the waiting area outside/lounge.  Or if you are dining inside, grab a seat at their bar.  Their menu has so much to choose from and would please meat eaters and veggie lovers alike. 
The mister had their apple-mint micro-brewed kombucha, fermented tea, which was surprisingly delicious.  As an appetizer we tried their margherita flat bread, crispy almost cracker like flat bread.  For our entries I had their Miso Glazed Tofu, simply delicious and plated beautifully.  And the mister had their Southwest Black Bean Burger, which was amazing.  I've only had a few veggie burgers in my life but this was by far the best I've ever eaten.  And no we aren't vegetarians.  I can't wait to go back and try more from their menu which includes: sushi, salads, small plates, burgers, seafood, flat breads, and more meat and veggie friendly options.  And did I mention they serve brunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment