8/17/2011

Good Eats...Chicago Edition

Last night the Mister and I enjoyed an eight course dinner at Bonsoiree.  It was a party in my mouth.  I'm usually pretty hesitant when it comes to letting someone else decide what I'll be eating, but after last night's delicious experience, I would eat anything Chef  Shin Thompson makes. 
{photo via the Mister's iPhone}
Our meal started with Wagyu Beef Yaki in an Ichiban Shoyu Glaze, followed by the Eight Presentations of Summer, my second favorite thing we ate last night, see above.  This was followed by my favorite dish of the night, Scallop and Crab Motoyaki in a beautiful oyster shell.  Next up was the Chilled Summer Squash and White Corn soup with poached Lobster.  Our fifth course was Veal with Eggplant 3 ways, which was followed by Oyster and Blackberry fritta, which was heavenly.  Our seventh course was the Japanese watermelon refresher with Habenero Sorbet (crazy spicy but perfectly balanced with the watermelon).  And for dessert we were treated to a Peach flight.  Honestly, this was one of the best meals I've had this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment