6/03/2013

A Babymoon Minus the Baby

The Mister and I went on a "babymoon minus the baby" the week before I was supposed to return to work.  After many tears the night before about leaving my baby, we made our way to South Beach.  I should mention that I'm a South Beach frequenter  this was my 5th trip in less than 9 years.  But what's not to love, great weather, clean beaches, and you can drink outside...fabulous.  We stayed at the heavenly Dreams South Beach, I have a thing for boutique hotels, and their rooftop pool/bar, HighBar, did not disappoint.  And we got to try out a few local places and enjoyed some seriously delicious eats, here are our 'best of's:

Best coffee: Cafe con leche at David's Cafe
Best salads/sandwiches: La Sandwicherie
Best Drinks: Meat Market
Best Nachos: Cleevlander, although we were there watching the Bulls take a beating by Miami in game 2 of that playoff series.
Best Dinner: Casa Tua, amazing Italian food, and sooo romantic.  Honorable mention: Khong River House.






Style File: (please ignore the crappy iPhone pictures):  I'm obsessed with the combination of chambray and white (white jeans, white shorts, white skirts, white dresses, white bikinis....) | love this white blouse and navy shorts combo, with a pop of neon pink (but clearly not as much as I love that gelato that I couldn't put down for the picture) | more neon pink, this time a maxi skirt and a simple tank with an aqua necklace. 

Chambray shirt: TJMaxx
Fedora: Macy's
Wedge Espadrille: Target
White &  Navy Shorts: JCrew
White blouse: F21
White tank: JCrew
Pink Maxi: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment