11/13/2012

30 Random Acts of Kindness

As you may remember last year, I attempted to complete 29 Random Act of Kindness.  I got close I think I ended up completing 23 acts.  So this year I'm going big or going broke, and attempting 30 Random Acts of Kindness (30 because I'm turning thirty at the end of December).  Why random acts of kindness, well why not, as the saying goes: no one has gone broke from giving.  And I am blessed beyond measure, so it's just a little something I can do to give back, and doing it during the holidays just makes it more fun.  It's also one of the items on my 30 by Thirty bucket list.    

{via}

So here's my list of 30 random acts of kindness:
  1. Donate to Movember, Men's health charity
  2. Hand out blessing bags to the homeless
  3. Drop off donuts to the local PD or FD
  4. Pay for a stranger's coffee
  5. Donate a gift card to Dunkin Donuts to the homeless
  6. Donate a gift card to McDonalds to the homeless
  7. Donate stuffed animals to a children's hospital or Salvation Army
  8. Donate bags of clothes to Salvation Army
  9. Donate Blood
  10. Donate non-perishable food items to a food bank
  11. Bring in a treat for my co-workers
  12. Lave a generous tip for my server
  13. Let someone go ahead of me in line at a grocery store
  14. Pick up trash
  15. Leave change in a vending machine
  16. Purchase round trip tickets for the CTA and give to a stranger
  17. Donate to the salvation army buckets
  18. Hand out warm gloves and hand warmers to the homeless
  19. Give a stranger a lotto ticket
  20. Leave a treat for our mailman
  21. Participate in Operation Beautiful
  22. Tape candy canes to ATMs/Vending Machines
  23. Buy a homeless person a meal
  24. Donate items to Soilders' Angels
  25. Spare change for a homeless person
  26. Surprise the neighbors with holiday treats
  27. Give someone a loan via Kiva
  28. Participate in Operation Christmas Child
  29. Return shopping carts to appropriate location
  30. Do something special for the Mister just because


{More ways to give, via}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment